I purchased four UGA-125 devices to try out in my department, and three of them installed with no issue via plug-and-play. Drivers were installed automatically by Windows, no system restart was needed, and the additional display functioned immediately. I have been unable to get the fourth device to function on a certain computer - an IBM Lenovo T60 (the other three devices are on two Lenovo R500 and a Compaq 6720t).
Here is what I have tried on the computer that I cannot get the UGA-125 to work on:
Automatic driver installation by Windows, driver installation from supplied CD, and installation of drivers downloaded from displaylink.com. All three methods end in the same result - Driver installation completes, and then a message pops up stating that a systems settings change took place, and a restart is needed for changes to take effect. If the computer is restarted, upon logging in the user is presented with the same restart message. If the computer is restarted again, the same message pops up after log in - the request to restart just loops forever.
Other things to note:
-The UGA-125 shows up in the Device Manager after the drivers are installed, and the drivers for the device show up in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
-If after one of the restarts mentioned above, I try to install drivers again, I get a message saying that drivers are already installed.
-I have verified that the device itself is not the issue. I tried a fresh install on the t60 with one of the devices I know to be working on another computer, and it still would not work.
-I installed the most up to date video card drivers on the t60 that were available at support.lenovo.com (ATI Mobility Radeon x1400)
I have files generated using the DisplayLink debug tool, I can send them to you if you’d like.