UD3900 not working with new Dell Laptop - Windows 11

I’ve been using my UD3900 with an HP laptop running windows 10 and it works great. I recently got a new Dell work laptop running windows 11 and I cannot for the life of me get it to work. The hub does not show up on the device manager in the display adapters. The only thing that happens when I connect it is it that “Generic USB Hub” appears under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
When I have the UD3900 connected to the Dell laptop, and I connect my wireless mouse/keyboard adapter, they both work on the Dell laptop.

I’ve tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling the DisplayLink drivers multiple times.
  • Rebooting laptop several times
  • Powering down the hub, restarting laptop, connecting hub with nothing else plugged into it.

The second I plug the USB hub back into my HP laptop, both of my external displays fire right up.

Any tips or suggestions to get this to work with my new Dell laptop running Windows 11?

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry to hear that things are not working as expected while using your Plugable UD-3900 docking station in conjunction with your new Dell Windows 11 laptop and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you have provided and for the troubleshooting that you have already performed that is all much appreciated.

That the UD-3900 continues to work as expected in conjunction with your HP laptop running Windows 10 confirms that the docking station hardware is working as expected, and let’s us know to focus our efforts on your Dell Windows 11 laptop.

As a result, our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please send an email to our direct support email address → support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 388506’ in the subject line that contains the following information?:

1. The Amazon Order ID number for your UD-3900 purchase
  2. While the UD-3900 is connected to your Dell Windows 11 laptop (even if not working as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

This information will help us to determine the next steps.

** Please do not post the above information here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) **

Apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.