UD-ULTCDL Peripheral and Performance Issues

I have been using the UD-ULTCDL now for about a week, and I am having some issues I need addressed if possible.

First here is the hardware before I list the issues.

System: Dell Precision Mobile Workstation 5510 (i7-6820HQ, 16GB RAM, 4k UHD touchscreen, 81wh extended battery, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD, 2x 23" 1920x1080 external displays(HDMI), 1x 22" 1680x1050 external display (DVI))

1. 4-5 times a day I need to re-seat my wired USB Mouse and wired USB Keyboard because they stop functioning. I have tried swapping the wired mouse with a Logitech M510 wireless mouse, and it functions the whole day without disconnect, however that is not the preferred mouse for my office setup.

2. When opening apps like SQL Server, Outlook, Excel, Word, Mirth (HL7 integration Engine) the system has a period of about 30-45 seconds if extreme processing lag as the application loads before the mouse/keyboard become responsive again.

I have tried updating to the latest device drivers/firmware, I have installed the latest DisplayLink drivers (8.0.483.0), I have wiped and reloaded the system to factory specifications twice (I am not going to reload my system a third time).

I have powered the dock off for 30 seconds and powered it back on, this did not alleviate the issues, I also tried powering it off for an entire weekend, this did not alleviate the issues.

I occasionally have a device connected via the USB-C front plug on the Dock (the issues above occur with and without a device connected here).

All of the above issues are not present when the system is used without the dock, with a second display connected via the external HDMI connector on the laptop.

Laptop settings are configured to High-Performance (100% CPU, no sleep)

Any advice is welcomed.

**BUMP** I’m having issues with the keyboard and mouse response on my ASUS G752VS system when using the ud-ultcdl USB-C dock. Applied all recent DL software updates, powersave is set to NOT sleep the USB.

Ideas?

Honestly, I gave up on my UD-ULTCDL dock, I have upgraded and downgraded every driver imagineable. I have performed multiple firmware updates, I have replaced USB peripherals, I have replaced Type-C cables. My system constantly has issues, Display drivers failing, USB Peripherals failing. Plugable even shipped a replacement Dock due to issues with the first batch, and the issues are still present. So we are scrapping this one. We have ordered the Dell TB-16 USB-C dock. We already use 5 Dell WD-15 USB-C docks, which function with zero issue, so we have high hopes for the TB-16 Dock.

Hi Paige, I reached out to you via email with a proposed solution, thanks!

Sorry to hear that our dock just didn’t work out for you. We’ve had success with your model laptop after the various updates from Dell, but it did take a while to get to a stable state.