UD-ULTCDL 4K port and monitor do not reactivate

the good news: I am using the UD-ULTCDL with my new OriginPC and 2 external monitors. Initially I could not get the 4K port to work at all when connected to the laptop USB-C port. I moved the connect to the laptop’s Thunderbolt port and that resolved the problem - port is now fully functioning, including the ability to adjust brightness, etc. from Displaylink.

the bad news: The monitors are set to turn off after 60min of inactivity. This works however when I initiate activity, only the 4K port does not wake up. It and the monitor also totally dissapear from the DisplayLink and from the windows video config. The only way I can get it to come back on is to either re-boot or unplug/re-plugin into the laptop’s Thunderbolt port. Is this a bug in the drivers? Is there a setting to correct this?

Hi Frank,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry the 4K HDMI port of the UD-ULTCDL isn’t working as expected, and I’ll be happy to assist.

Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please send an email to our direct support email address (support@plugable.com) with “For ticket # 424816” in the subject line? In the email, please include the following information:

1. The Amazon Order ID number for your docking station purchase
  2. While the docking station and all displays are connected to your PC (even if not working as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug: https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

This information will help us to determine the next steps.

** Please do not post the above information here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) **

My apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Sam
Plugable Technologies

1 Like

Just sent.
Thanks Sam for the quick response!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.