UD-ULTC4K Windows 11 - quit working

My docking station was working fine, I stepped away for a few hours and suddenly it stopped working. I unplug and replug in the device and get an error: “The last USB device you connected malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.”

I’ve tried unplugging and plugging everything back in, in the following order:

1. Shutdown laptop (Dell XPS 13-7390)
  2. Unplugged docking station - waited 1 minute and plugged it back in.
  3. Plugged it back into the laptop
  4. Powered on laptop

I’ve even disabled USB root sleep functions in Device Manager.

I’ve only used this docking station a little under 8 hours… What gives? I have sent a debug report to support.
I need this docking station for working from home.
Amazon order # Included in support email

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting us, through the support forum and direct email, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

I have also replied to your direct email and we can proceed via either method.

Based on your description and the log file I would like to start by fully resetting the docking station and computer to see if this helps to restore the functionality, I apologize if you have already attempted some of these steps, but the order of operations can affect the reset process. When you have a moment please perform the following:

1. Disconnect the docking station from the computer and remove the power connection from the back of the docking station, unplug all USB devices from the docking station
  2. Disconnect the docking station’s power supply from the wall and let both the docking station and power supply sit for 30-90 seconds to fully discharge
  3. Restart the computer
  4. In Windows 11: Start > ( Power Icon ) > Restart
  5. After 30-90 seconds, reconnect the power supply to the wall socket or power strip
  6. Reconnect the power supply to the docking station
  7. Verify the blue power LED is illuminated on the front of the docking station, please let me know if this does not come on when connected
  8. Reconnect the docking station to the computer
  9. Please be sure to use the original USB Type-C data cable provided with the docking station, USB Type-C cables from other products or sold separately may not fully support this docking station
  10. Connect the cable directly from the docking station to the computer, adapters, hubs, or cable extensions may reduce the docking station’s capabilities or prevent detection
  11. Check for the external displays to be detected on the system, if they are not detected please let me know
  12. Reconnect USB devices to the docking station one at a time, test each device to make sure it is working before connecting the next device.

Please let me know if this helps to get everything working as expected, and if not we can proceed from here.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

Hello,
I am having the same issue. I followed the above-mentioned steps and I don’t see any lights on pluggable. I made sure the power adapter is outputting DC 20 V, using Volt meter.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I recommend contacting our support team directly via email at ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #408871b - Attention Pat’ and we will be happy to help.

Thank you, and I apologize for this inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com