I was using my UD-ULTC4K this morning and it shut down. I have tried unplugging, replugging, unplugging all other cables, replugging, tested the power supply, and it works fine, but no power to my unit any more. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you!
Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!
Based on your description I would like to start by fully resetting the docking station and computer to see if this helps to restore the functionality, I apologize if you have already performed some or all of these steps, but the order of operations may affect the outcome, please perform the following:
- Disconnect the docking station from the computer and remove the power connection from the back of the docking station, unplug all USB devices from the docking station
- Disconnect the docking station’s power supply from the wall and let both the docking station and power supply sit for 30-90 seconds to fully discharge
- Restart the computer
- In Windows 10: Start > ( Power Icon ) > Restart
- In macOS: Apple Menu > Restart
- After 30-90 seconds, reconnect the power supply to the wall socket or power strip
- Reconnect the power supply to the docking station
- Verify the blue power LED is illuminated on the front of the docking station, please let me know if this does not come on when connected
- Reconnect the docking station to the computer
- Please be sure to use the original USB cable provided with the docking station
- Connect the cable directly from the docking station to the computer, adapters, hubs, or cable extensions may reduce the docking station’s capabilities or prevent detection
- Check for the external displays to be detected on the system, if they are not detected please let me know
- Reconnect USB devices to the docking station one at a time, test each device to make sure it is working before connecting the next device.
Please let me know if this helps, if not we can go from here.
5-1. I do not have any blue power light.
9. I do not have any monitors being detected either.
I have done the above procedures and it does not do anything.
Thank you for going through the reset process, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I would like to start the warranty replacement process.
Please let me know the Amazon Order ID ( available from amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the UD-ULTC4K ( in the form of “###-######-#######” ). Additionally, please let me know the serial number from the bottom of the docking station in the form of “K##-#######”. We will use this to verify the warranty and start the replacement process. Finally please let me know your preferred shipping address for receiving the replacement UD-ULTC4K, for addresses outside of the United States please include a phone number we can provide the shipper in case they need to contact you to arrange delivery.
Thank you, and I apologize for this inconvenience.