UD-ULTC4K Monitor Flickering on HDMI connection only

Running a Dell Inspiron 7570 laptop Intel® Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz with DisplayLink, Intel UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

Connected three ACER KB272HL (1920 x 1080) monitors to Plugable UD-ULTC4K.
Two monitors connected via Displayport to HDMI cable working fine.
Monitor connected to HDMI port via HDMI cable is constantly flickering.

Tried every combination of monitors and cables always with the same result. No matter which of the three monitors i connected with one of three HDMI different cables; the one connected direct to Plugable HDMI connection flickers.

Request assistance please

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

The HDMI output of this docking station relies on the computer’s USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode support, we have had similar reports of flicking on other Intel/NVIDIA dual graphics systems. Sometimes this is related to graphics drivers and sometimes this is caused by a defect in manufacturing.

Our first step is to get some additional information from your system to help narrow down the cause of this behavior, as well as checking for driver and software updates that may be affecting the USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode output.

If you would, please keep the dock connected and all monitors attached (even though one is not working as expected) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #299770 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Pat
Thank you for the response. After the first few days of the HDMI connection flickering and me playing with the resolution settings the flickering has seemed to stop. I was going to run the debug anyway but your website said to run it immediately following or while having the issue. So i will wait to see if the flicker comes back and run it then. For now, seems to be working fine.
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the update, that is strange but I am glad it is working for you now!

Please let me know if you continue to experience any problems. One additional thing to keep an eye on, if any new devices or hardware is connected to either the computer or docking station or any electronics are placed near the device that may have radio emissions. For example fluorescent lamps (when turned on), cell phones, and wireless devices. These could be interfering with the data connection between the computer and docking station and may be causing intermittent behavior when moved closer to the computer, docking station, or the cable between the two.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello Greg,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies