UD-ULTC4K failing to detect monitors consistently

I am using the UD-ULTC4K with x 3 external monitors on a Surface Book 3. Occasionally when I connect the docking station to my laptop it registers all 3 monitors seamlessly. Most of the time it registers only one and I spend 20 minutes unplugging all cables, restarting, checking for updates and eventually get it working.

Right now I can’t get more than one monitor to work. If I unplug and re-arrange the HDMI cords it just switches the monitor which is registering. I’ve run through windows updates and checked the displaylink drivers and everything is up to date.

I’m at my wits end.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system using our log-gathering tool: PlugDebug, when you have a moment:

1. Keep the docking station connected to the computer with the displays and devices connected to the docking station
  2. Download and run our PlugDebug utility ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug )
    2a) For Windows: Download the PlugDebug Utility, then Right-click on the PlugDebug application and run as administrator
    2c ) For macOS: Click on the red button “Generate PlugDebug Report (Deprecated Pending Update)” to expand the section, select the PlugDebug utility from the Downloads pop-up on the Dock, or double-click if saved to the Desktop
    2d) Follow the on screen instructions to launch the application
  3. Click the “Start” button to begin gathering logs from the system
  4. When completed the application will pop-up a message with the name of the zip file containing the logs on the user desktop directory
  5. Please attach this zip file to your reply email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #413766 - Attention Pat’

This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Pat

Plugable Technology

support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.