UD-ULTC4K Disconnects and Reconnects

You guys need to stop denying these issues! I constantly have periodic problems with my dock disconnecting and reconnecting. I bought a high-end product to avoid these sorts of issues, and for year now there is no resolution to the problem that is consistently mentioned on forums.

“No DisplayLink enabled device connected” it says in the app. constantly disconnects and reconnects every minute or so. Latest MacBook Pro M2 Pro, latest MacOS, 1.10.1 displaylink drivers.

You need to provide a solution instead of denying you have a problem with your product; whether it’s hardware of software.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to help.

Please note that I have split your post into a new topic so that I may best assist you.

To be fully up front I do not think that we are denying any issue with these docks, as mentioned in the other thread there are no known issues, and the problem you are describing with disconnecting/reconnecting is not common or widespread across our user base.

As with any consumer electronics product sometimes issues can and do occasionally occur. I suspect that you may ultimately just have a defective dock, power adapter, or USB-C cable that could be causing instability with your Mac and we may need to try replacing it under our 2-year warranty to see if that helps to resolve the issue.

I would suggest we have you contact us directly via email at support@plugable.com so we can collect some information from you to arrange a replacement.

Please email us and refer to ticket 433470 in the subject line so we can match things up. When you email us please let us know your Amazon order ID number or other proof of purchase, serial number off the bottom of the dock, and your preferred shipping address. Do not post this information here.

I can then reach back out and provide tracking information once a replacement has been sent.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.