Ud-ultc4k and M1 macbook Pro 16-inch 2021

I am trying to connect three monitors (2 HP24 inch and 1 Viotek 34 inch) to my MacBook Pro 16inch 2021 running Ventura 13.0.1. Aside from the HDMI cables, I have for each monitor, I am using all the included cables (USB 3.2 Gen2). I have tried following the directions included, the directions on your site, and watching and reading links on your site, but I am still unable to make all three monitors work at the same time. I have uninstalled, re-installed the display link software but I am unable to make it all work. I would love some assistance with this as I could really use the extra real restate with three monitors and am willing to try to get assistance before I send it all back to Amazon.
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

The UD-ULTC4K relies on two USB graphics technologies to support up to three external displays:

1. The “Display 1” HDMI/DisplayPort output-pair is controlled directly from the computer’s internal graphics controller, this requires connecting the docking station directly to the computer using the original USB-C data cable provided with the docking station ( from the USB-C port on the back of the docking station, the USB-C port on the front of the docking station is for down-stream devices like USB storage ).
  2. The “Display 2” and “Display 3” HDMI/DisplayPort output-pairs are controlled by the DisplayLink Manager App for macOS, this requires both installing the DisplayLink App and configuring macOS to output to these displays, we provide detailed installation and configuration instructions here ( https://kb.plugable.com/1595423 ).

If you have not already done so, I recommend following the installation instructions linked above and ensure the DisplayLink Manager App is running to enable the connected displays.

If one or more displays are still not working, please let me know which “Display #” HDMI port the non-functional display(s) is connected to and we can proceed from here.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

The larger monitor is connected to display#1. The 2 HP24inch monitors are connected to #2 and #3 and when connected, they either dont work at all, or blink on and off.

Hi,

Thank you for replying back, please correct me if I do no have this correct:

• The Viotek 34 inch display is connected to the docking station’s Display 1 HDMI output and is working correctly
  • The two HP24 displays are connected to the docking station’s Display 2 and Display 3 HDMI outputs and are both either not being detected or blinking

Or are all three external displays not being detected or blinking?

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system.

If you would, please keep the dock connected to the computer with monitor(s) connected to the docking station (even though one may not be working) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #395374 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread, the docking station was replaced under warranty resolving the issue.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com