UD-CAM with MacBook Pro and Epson Projector Problems

I have a Macbook Pro (Late 2016) running OSX High Sierra v10.3.3 and an Epson Projector EX9220. Whenever I plug the USB-C cable from my pluggable USB-C Mini Docking Station (Model: UD-CAM), the MacBook goes back and forth between detecting the Epson projector plugged into the HDMI port of the UD-CAM, and not detecting it. This causes the MacBook to be not usable until this stops. When it does, things work well, however half of the time it doesn’t, and half of that time it causes the MacBook to restart. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, have they found a solution? All other functions, USB 3 ports, ethernet port, and power delivery work well with no issues.

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us via our GetSatisfaction page! I know that we have spoken directly via email, and we were checking to see if it was possible to utilize an alternate display to see if the same issue occurred, but that may not be possible. We sent over some information regarding having a replacement unit sent out in order to isolate the hardware to see if that helps resolve the issue.

As soon as we can receive a response, we can get a pretested unit sent out as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We have been working with Robert directly via email to attempt to resolve the issue that he is experiencing. We are working on having a replacement unit sent out to isolate the issue, as well as utilize the dock with an alternate display to ensure that Robert is not running into a display incompatibility issue.

If anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to help.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support