UD-CAM with Frameworks 13 Intel i7-1360P

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried your suggestions of bypassing the expansion card and connecting directly to the USB-C connector on the machine. I also connected the UD-CAM while also connecting a separate power source. ( I didn’t purchase a power supply from Framework, but I’m using an Anker 65W PIQ 3.0 Type-C Charger.)

Neither of these has resolved the problem. It might be that the disconnect/connect cycle occurs slightly less frequently, but it’s difficult to say for sure because the problem occurs so randomly. Everything might work properly for an hour, but then there will be a rash of disconnects and connects, and then everything settles back down. It seems that the cycles are triggered by my actions, such as launching a resource-intensive app such as VirtualBox or OBS Studio. But then the cycle can also be triggered by clicking a web link or browser

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update and thanks for your ongoing testing of this issue.

At this point, I am going to do some additional long term. long term testing to see if I can replicate the same issues that you are reporting using the same version Framework and a Thunderbolt 3 cable versus Thunderbolt 4 cable to see if that might make the difference.

Hopefully we will find some sort of difference in the testing that I will perform. I did, however, want to set the expectation that it is unclear what the nature of this type of issue is and we are unsure if we may be able to find an effective solution after being able to replicate it.

All that being said, we will be happy to update you later on in the week as soon as we finish some long term tests.

Thank you for giving us a chance to help.

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

Thanks for the response.

I understand that the nature of the problem is unclear. It seems to be related to power delivery, as it occurs even without any peripherals attached. Since the UD-CAM works fine with both my Surface Pro 7 and a Dell XPS 13 9350, I have to conclude that there is something about the Framework that is incompatible. Perhaps it will take a firmware update for the Framework to address the cause.

In any case, thanks for your support. The support I’ve received from Plugable over the years has been great. A good example I wish more tech companies followed.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sticking through this and working with us so much.

I’ll be sure to keep you up to date with my long term testing and we’ll also keep an eye out for any updates from Framework.

We appreciate your dedication towards Plugable and glad that we could. do our best to help you out.

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.