UD-CAM Docking station and Realtek USB Gbe drivers

Why can i update the Realtek USB Gbe drivers without having screen flickering. The only driver that works is the one that comme with Windows 10. I.m using a UD-Cam

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist!

Just to make sure I have the right information, what is the model number of the system you are connecting the UD-CAM to, and are you attempting to update the Realtek drivers (As the base Windows 10 drivers are all that are required) or is it that unless you updated the drivers, the flickering occurs?

Gbe drivers should not effect the VESA Alt-Mode ability of the docking station, so this is very strange!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

My system: Acer Spin 5 SP513-52N-530R

Hi There,

Thank you so much for sending this information over. I am attempting to narrow down the system specifications for your Acer, but based on this information (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content…) this particular system does not support USB-C, which means that it is not compatible.

Is this the correct system mode that you are utilizing? Are you connecting the UD-CAM to your system via a USB-A to USB-C based adapter?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

I’m using the USB-C port. I know that it is not mention on the web page.

Check this link:

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFi…

Goto page 55.

FYI, i can charge my laptop (Power delivery) and use it also to output video to a monitor (VESA DisplayPort Alternate mode).

Hi There,

Thank you so much for letting me know! While the video may be working correctly, it does say in this manual that it does not support VESA alt-Mode or Thunderbolt Video support, so I am wondering if it partially works, but has flickering, or should not work at all.

The Realtek drivers that come via Windows Update should be the only drivers that are utilized with the dock, but they should not be effecting the screen when updated. When connecting the UD-CAM to your system, are you utilizing the included USB-C to USB-C cable?

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Yes. I’m using the included USB-C cable.

BTW, the problem disapears when i reset the docking station.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for letting me know! This is very strange behavior, and one that I am attempting to replicate inside of our testing environment. Would it be possible to obtain the updated realtek driver you are trying/have installed? A download link would be great!

Just for information, do you have to reset the docking station once and it goes away, or every time you experiencing the flickering you have to reset the docking station?

Marc
www.plugable.com/support

Every time i am experiencing the flickering i have to reset the docking station.

The driver supplied with Windows 10 seem the more stable but less now with the new major update. The screen is freezing but not the mouse pointer. I reset the docking station and it’s working again.

Now with 10.23 Realtek drivers the flickering is happening when i resume from sleep state.

Here’s the link:

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/down…

Win10 Auto Installation Program

Thx.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for working through those additional troubleshooting steps, and sending over the link to the realtek drivers.

We do not advise utilizing these newer drivers, as we have not performed enough internal testing to see what the behavior is like. I am concerned that the issue may be unrelated to the drivers, but I do see that the behavior changes when it is installed.

I think the next best step would be to have a pretested replacement dock sent out to you, to see if we can replicate the flickering (without installing the new realtek drivers). If you could please contact us directly at support@plugable.com, and provide your Amazon Order ID Number. Please include “Ticket no. 222752” in the subject line, so we can keep all of your information in the same ticket.

Marc
www.plugable.com/support