UD-CA1A HDMI Issues with Dell 2717D Monitor

Dear Sir/Mdm,

Firstly, let me say I’m a big fan of your product. However, I’ve been having some issues with the UD-CA1A.

Although it works well with other devices, my Dell 2717D monitor won’t pick up a signal when connected to the device via HDMI to HDMI.

The UD-CA1A is - in turn - connected via usb-c power delivery to my 2015 Macbook 15" Retina.

Unfortunately I do not have another monitor to test out. However, I’ve been able to successfully use a generic USB-c to HDMI converter in order to transmit a signal to the Dell directly from the macbook and this seems to work fine… which leads me to believe there is an issue in the UD-CA1A itself.

Any guidance and help most appreciated.

Best

Marius

Hello Mairus, thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear of this issue and I will be happy to help.

Just to confirm, can you let us know if you are using the USB-C cable that came with the UD-CA1A docking station?

Are other functions, like power deliver, USB peripherals and Ethernet working as expected? I just want to determine if this is isolated to video not working or if there are other features not working.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Dear David,

Thanks for your message.

I am using an apple standard usb-c charging cable which came with my MacBook. The Plugable device did not ship with any other usb-c cable.

Power delivery, printer (via usb), external hard drive (via usb) all seem to be working fine from the Plugable device … and these devices are recognised by the MacBook when connected via the Plugable device. I have not tested the audio link though.

Cheers,

Marius

Hi Marius, thanks for the reply and additional information.

I am sorry to hear that a USB-C cable did not come within the package of the dock! All of our UD-CA1A docks come with a USB-C cable that supports charging, data and video.

It is important to use the cable that came with the dock because not all USB-C cables support the same functions. The Apple USB-C cable, for instance, cannot support video and only supports data and power delivery so this likely explains why you are not seeing an image on your monitor.

We’d like to send you a replacement USB-C cable from our labs so we know a cable capable of supporting video is being used. I will reach out to your email address used to register on our forums to facilitate the replacement process.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.