Here’s my setup:
- Lenovo T480
- Windows 10 Enterprise 19041.804
- Two: Lenovo Q24h-10 23.8-inch QHD
- HDMI cable
- Cloud Nine C989M natural keyboard
- Logitech M-0007 wired mouse
- Plantronics USB headset
I have both monitors plugged into the HDMI port of the plugable device. My keyboard, mouse, and headset also plugged into the plugable device. I’m experiencing random disconnection of my monitors, keyboard, and mouse. My keyboard or mouse would all of sudden stop responding but the monitor remains powered on.
The plugable device itself is plugged into my laptop’s Thunderbolt port.
Reading some of the suggestions here, I tried swapping the cable from the Thunderbolt connection to the USB port of my laptop. This is where i’m at right now and still testing. So far, I have not (yet) experienced the disconnections I described above.
Will update this thread if anything comes up.
For now, I have the following questions:
- Am I using the wrong type of plugable device?
- Should I use a Thunderbolt plugable device itself and then hook up my peripherals (kb, mouse, monitors, headset) to that plugable device?