UD-6950Z Hangs Randomly - Cannot Use Debug Tool

I have an issue that’s been mentioned here a few times before, but I don’t think the resolution presented will work. In using the UD-6950Z, the monitors will lock up after use fairly often. They will freeze with the image still on the screen, but nothing responds. On my laptop screen, that will respond when this happens. It appears that the other USB items will continue to work (Mouse and Keyboard). It happens with both USB-C and USB 3.0 connections. It is sometimes remedied by switching ports on the PC; however, almost always comes back in a normal workday. I would guess it’s a driver issue, there’s a driver error in the devices screen in settings (I’ll add a screenshot when I can get that)

Here’s the setup I am using:

HP Elitebook 840 (yes an older model)
UD-6950Z - connected via USB 3.0 - I’ve also tried a 3rd party connector as well to see if that would improve it.
2 Samsung S22R350FHN Monitors connected via HDMI (using stock cables that came with the monitors.

Here’s the catch: Due to organizational policy, I cannot run the debug utility on my machine. So I can’t follow the instructions in other threads.

Help is appreciated.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your Plugable UD-6950Z docking station and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided and the troubleshooting that you have already performed that is much appreciated.

I recognize and understand that you will not be able to provide a PlugDebug file, however please be aware that without the ability to review a PlugDebug file our ability to troubleshoot will be limited.

That said, given your description of the behavior our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please send us a direct email to support@plugable.com (referencing ticket #- 338149 in the subject line) that includes the following?:

1. The screenshot you refer to of the ‘driver error’ you are being presented with

2. The Amazon Order ID number for your UD-6950Z purchase

That information will allows us to match things up, as well as help us to determine the next steps.

** Please do not post the above information here in our public forum, as they both may contain personal information **

Apologies again for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.