UD-6950H USB not enumerating when first docked to laptop

When I have my USB wireless keyboard/mouse dongle (Microsoft dongle) plugged into a powered up 6950H and I then plug the 6950H USB cord into my Microsoft Surface Laptop2 runnng latest Win10 the keyboard and mouse do NOT enumerate. If I unplug/plug the wireless dongle the keyboard and mouse enumerate and work.

This exact dongle/laptop enumerated on my prior Plugable docking station.

I ran your log tracker and can email you the zip, I tried emailing you last week on this but no response.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for reaching out to us, my last response to your original email thread was on Friday and it may have gone into a spam folder.

From the original replay email,

Thanks for sending the PlugDebug log file, and for the additional details. Based on the logs the system was detecting the Microsoft 2.4GHz Transceiver for a Microsoft mouse and/or Microsoft keyboard at the time the logs were gathered and shows the drivers are loaded for the device. I would expect these to be working, at least from a connectivity stand point.

The linked Plugable UD-3900 docking station has a USB 2 hub controlling the USB 2 ports on the rear of the docking station, this could account for the difference in behavior, however either way the keyboard and mouse not working after reboot or after closing and opening the lid is unexpected.

Can I get some additional details on the behavior here:

when I close the lid (still on) and open the lid and plug in USB3

Is the docking station still connected when the lid is closed?
Is the system set to stay awake when the lid is closed ( if connected to the docking station are the displays still active )?
Do the external keyboard and mouse stop working when the lid is closed ( if the system does not go to sleep ), or after opening the lid?

Additionally, please reply to the email thread with your Amazon Order ID ( available from Amazon.com/orders ) for the purchase of this docking station, as well as your preferred shipping address in case we need to send a replacement. We use the Amazon Order ID for verifying warranty status.

Thank you for these additional details,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

Hello Bill,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.