UD-6950H Speakers Not Working

Using UD-6950H and…

ROG Strix SCAR II Gaming Laptop, 17.3” 144Hz 3ms IPS Type, Intel Core i7-8750H Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, 16GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD, RGB, Windows 10 Home - GL704GM-DH74…

and trying to get Insignia speakers to work.

When I plug the mini-plug for the speakers into the output audio jack on the laptop directly, they work great.

When I plug the mini-plug for the speakers into the UD-6950H they do not work.

Windows 10 shows the the speakers are “Plugable Audio” as the default device and I can see the meter showing audio is being played when I look at “Sound” for Windows 10. But no audio is coming out of speakers.

I am able to change the default device to speakers on the laptop so I know windows is working fine with audio on the laptop.

However, the audio for the external speakers when plugged into UD-6950H don’t work.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Based on your description it sounds like the audio device in the docking station is being detected but it is not outputting to the headphone port. Our first step is to reset the docking station to see if this helps to restore the audio capability, please perform the following and let me know if it helps:

1. Disconnect the docking station from the computer and remove the power connection from the back of the docking station, unplug all displays and USB devices from the docking station
  2. Disconnect the docking station’s power supply from the wall and let both the docking station and power supply sit for 30-90 seconds to fully discharge
  3. Restart the computer: In Windows 10: Start → ( Power Icon ) → Restart
  4. After 30-90 seconds, reconnect the power supply to the wall socket or power strip
  5. Reconnect the power supply to the docking station
  • verify the blue power LED is illuminated on the front of the docking station, please let me know if this does not come on
  1. Reconnect the docking station to the computer, please verify the USB cable is fully seated on both the docking station and the computer
  2. Without reconnecting anything else to the docking station please connect the speakers to the headphone port on the front of the docking station ( front left port ) and test for audio output
  • Manually select the Plugable Audio from the drop down menu above the volume slider in Windows 10, please let me know if this is not available.
  1. Reconnect the displays to the docking station and verify they are working as expected along with the audio
  2. Reconnect USB devices to the docking station, double check the audio output

Please let me know if this helps, or if the audio is still not working at step 7

Additionally, please let me know your Amazon Order ID ( available from Amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the docking station. If we need to start a replacement we will use this for tracking and warranty purposes. If you would rather not post it to this forum please feel free to email me directly at ‘support@plugable.com’ using the subject line ‘Ticket #284135 - Attention Pat’ and I will be sure to get the email.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

I was about to follow your instructions, but before I did I plugged the speakers back into the docking station and they worked. Not sure why, but they did.

Will keep the instructions in case it happens again.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me with that, strange but good outcome.

Please keep an eye on it and let me know if you have any additional questions, or if there is anything else I can help with.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

Hello James,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com