UD-5900 Not Compatible with OpenGL 3.3

I recently installed a photo editing software package called ON1 Photo Raw 2017. I have a Dell external display connected to my relatively new Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop computer through your UD-5900 docking station. When I try to run the software I receive a message on the screen that says “OpenGL 3.3 and later is required for this application to run”. However when I disconnect from the UD-5900 the application will run on the Inspiron laptop’s own display. I have the latest drivers installed for the UD-5900 and my AMD Radeon’s graphics card on my computer. Any suggestions?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting. I can see you have also reached out to us directly via support@plugable.com and I have already sent my direct response. Please only respond to my direct email so we can keep all communication in one place.

For the benefit of anyone else following this thread, it sounds Mark is running into an issue that DisplayLink, the maker of the chip inside our dock and author of its driver, discuss in a thread on the subject in their support forums here -> http://displaylink.org/forum/showthre…

That thread is long (although a full read is encouraged), but in essence a bug with the systems internal Intel graphics driver introduced as a result of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update can cause applications that use OpenGL not to work properly (this can also apply to hybrid GPU systems like Mark has). Microsoft has confirmed the issue and has opened a bug with Intel to address it. Unfortunately there is no estimated timeline for the issue to be resolved.

If anyone has any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com

Thank you,

Bob