Ud-4vpd Monitor keeps flickering

After installing the docking station, one of my two monitors keep flickering every few minutes.

I’ve already tried different things but this one monitor still flickers (other one works perfectly fine):

• just plugged in the flickering monitor (with the other monitor unplugged)
  • changed HDMI cables between the two monitors - same monitor keeps flickering
  • change HDMI ports on both ends (the ports in the docking station and the ports on my monitor)

When I plug that monitor directly into my laptops (Thinkpad T14 and Asus Zenbook) (i.e., how i used to use the monitors prior to getting the docking station), it works fine.

I can’t install anything or run anything as admin on my work laptop (Thinkpad) but I do have my personal laptop (Asus) if anything needs to be updated, etc.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Thank you for providing the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far, based on these steps we can rule out the specific ports on the docking station and display, as well as the HDMI cable between the docking station and display.

Our first step is to get some additional information from your system using our log-gathering tool: PlugDebug, and from the affected display, when you have a moment:

1. Keep the docking station connected to the computer with the displays and devices connected to the docking station
  2. Download and run our PlugDebug utility ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug )
    2a) For Windows: Download the PlugDebug Utility, then Right-click on the PlugDebug application and run as administrator
    2b) For macOS: Click on the red button “Generate PlugDebug Report (Deprecated Pending Update)” to expand the section, select the PlugDebug utility from the Downloads pop-up on the Dock, or double-click if saved to the Desktop
    2c) Follow the on screen instructions to launch the application
  3. Click the “Start” button to begin gathering logs from the system
  4. When completed the application will pop-up a message with the name of the zip file containing the logs on the user desktop directory
  5. Please attach this zip file to your reply email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #423536 - Attention Pat’
  6. Please include the manufacturer name and model of the flashing display in your reply email.

This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Thank you, I’ve sent that over now!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi,

In direct email we narrowed down this issue to most likely be an incompatibility between the specific ViewSonic display model VX3276-2K and this docking station.

Plugable will continue to investigate this issue, but it may ultimately be unresolved and require either a different docking station or different display.

Thank you, and I apologize for this inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com