My first UD-3900PDZ worked ok then the 2nd hdmi output video quit working. I got a replacement and had a three hdmi outputs working for a week. Now none of the output works? I used the factory usb c cable and tested others to no avail. Did i get two bad docks? I’ve rebooted and made sure i have the proper dirivers installed. The laptop recognizes the three monitors but i get no video???
Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!
Based on your description I would like to start by resetting the docking station and computer to see if this helps to restore the functionality, please perform the following:
- Disconnect the docking station from the computer and remove the power connection from the back of the docking station, unplug all USB devices from the docking station
- Disconnect the docking station’s power supply from the wall and let both the docking station and power supply sit for 30-90 seconds to fully discharge
- Restart the computer
3a) In Windows 10: Start > ( Power Icon ) > Restart
3b) In macOS: Apple Menu > Restart
- After 30-90 seconds, reconnect the power supply to the wall socket or power strip
- Reconnect the power supply to the docking station
- Verify the blue power LED is illuminated on the front of the docking station, please let me know if this does not come on when connected
- Reconnect the docking station to the computer
7a) Please be sure to use the original USB cable provided with the docking station
7b) Connect the cable directly from the docking station to the computer, adapters, hubs, or cable extensions may reduce the docking station’s capabilities or prevent detection
- Check for the external displays to be detected on the system, if they are not detected please let me know
- Reconnect USB devices to the docking station one at a time, test each device to make sure it is working before connecting the next device.
Please let me know if this helps and we can proceed from here.
Worked for a day then back to the same. Not impressed about your product. Is there a way to update the firmware for the unit? Not worth having if it constantly needs to be reset
I am sorry to hear this is not working correctly after the reset.
Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information from your system to check for any device detection issues.
If you would, please keep the dock connected to the computer with monitor(s) connected tot he docking station (even though one may not be working) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #371169 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.
We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.