UD-3900PDZ not working with monitors connected through HDMI Displaylink ports

Purchased a new Macbook Pro with M1 processor. Natively it does not support two external monitors but I read in the Plugable blog if we use a plugable docking station like UD-3900PDZ, we can connect up to 3 external monitors. I purchased one and connected the HDMI out from my monitors to the Displaylink ports of the docking station and it does not detect the monitors. I do have the latest displaylink drivers on my Mac. But if I connect the monitor to the Alternate HDMI port, it does detect

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

There are two different DisplayLink drivers, the legacy KEXT driver for macOS versions previous to 10.15.5 and the newer DisplayLink Manager App for macOS 10.15.5->10.15.6 and 11.0->11.1. The newer DisplayLink Manager App should work with the new MacBook Pro with M1 processor, I recommend following the instructions here to remove the older driver and install the latest version of the DisplayLink Manager App on the system ( https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1932214-displaylink-manager-app-for-macos-introduction-in ).

Please let me know if this helps, if not we can go from here.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com