UD-3900H with Sabrent USB3.0 Switch not passing Monitors

I’m using a UD-3900H, connected to a Sabrent USB 3.0 switch. Keyboard/headset/mouse/mic, an HDMI and DVI monitor all plugged into the dock. Dock connected to the usb switch, switch running to desktop and laptop. Everything works fine when switched to desktop, but the laptop only receives the usb devices. Display link software on the laptop shows no display devices when I swap it over. Everything transfers over to the laptop if I connect it directly into the dock, and not through the usb switch.

Is there any compatibility issue I’m missing when going through the switch to the laptop?

Thanks

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your UD-3900H docking station is not functioning as expected with your switch, and would be happy to provide additional support.

For my reference, does the problem still occur if a basic USB device like a USB wired mouse or keyboard is connected directly to the USB switch?

Next, does this issue still occur on the same port if you 1) swap the USB cables, or 2) swap computers from one Type-B port on the switch to another ? This will help isolate the cause to the USB switch, a USB cable, or a certain computer.

If the issue seems to be a certain computer, try different USB ports on that computer (USB 2.0, USB 3.0) to determine if it affects all USB ports or only certain ones.

Once I have a bit more information about the nature of the behavior, I can provide next steps.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

It works with a simple USB device plugged in, and also all the USB devices from the dock transfer over.

Swapping USB cables and swapping computers across ports yields the same results.

I tried all 3 USB ports on the laptop, it does have 2 USBC ports though, so I’m not sure if theres a USBtypeB-USBC that would maybe allow better bandwidth and make it work?

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for the update!

For your reference, we would expect our USB 3.0 docks (such as the UD-3900H) to be compatible with USB 3.0 switchs, though we have not tested the Sabrent unit ourselves.

However, since the dock works as expected when bypassing the switch, this points to there being an issue with the switch itself.

At this point I would recommend reaching out to Sabrent support to see if they can offer more accurate support regarding this issue.

Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news, but hopefully this information was helpful.

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

I appreciate the help, now for the journey of dealing with what looks like a way less useful customer support chain

Hi Christopher,

No problem at all!

If you have any other follow-up questions regarding our products, please feel free to reach out at any time.

Thank you again for contacting Plugable support!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.