UD-3900 Won't Detect Either Connected Monitor, but Mouse Dongle Works

I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 and it does not even have an HDMI port or any sort of display port whatsoever. I bought the Plugable ud-3900 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Dual Monitor Docking station to work with my recently purchased HP monitors. One is using a VGA connection with the DVI adaptor and the other is just HDMI. When going into Display settings, there is nothing I can do to get it to detect either monitor. Tried all sorts of powercycling, driver downloading, checking for driver updates (including USB and graphics card updates) and everything is fine. The monitors are new, the laptop is new, the docking station is new. Why won’t the monitors show up?? Plugged in the USB dongle for the wireless mouse and it is working perfectly. Just no monitor displays.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system to see how the docking station is being detected by the computer. This will help us to rule out any software conflicts or out of date drivers that may be affecting the docking station.

If you would, please keep the dock connected and both monitors attached (even though one is not working) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #309358 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technology

Gathered the debug file and emailed. Thanks!

Hello,

After examining the log file the original docking station was found to be defective and a replacement was issued which resolved the issues originally encountered in this support ticket.

This thread has been marked as closed with the issue resolved via direct email.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com