UD-3900 will not work with Windows Server

I have two Vizio 32" monitors that I’m trying to use with a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop and Windows 10. When I connect to my companies Windows Server/remote desktop the 1st TV works. The 2nd TV reverts back to the laptop screen. I have the 2nd TV connected to the UD-3900 by HDMI cable. Do I need to add the driver to the remote desktop?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Windows Remote Desktop passes the display information from the remote computer to the client (local) system. In most cases the remote server will only support a single display, this is a limitation of the remote desktop server and would affect any client computer with multiple monitors, not just those with a USB 3.0 docking station. I recommend contacting the server administrator to see if it is possible to enable a second display on the remote server that can be opened as a second Remote Desktop window on the second local display.

I am sorry, this is a limitation of the Windows Remote Desktop server, I recommend contacting your server administrator to see if they have a resolution.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com