UD-3900 wifi keeps dropping

Hi,

Just received the UD-3900 and whilst everything seems to work fine, the wifi connection on the laptop keeps dropping every 5-10 minutes. As soon as I disconnect the UD-3900 the wifi on the laptop works again. No issues with any other devices in the room, it’s only the laptop when the UD-3900 is plugged in.

Please help!!

Hi,

Thanks for joining our forums and for reaching out to Plugable Support. We are always happy to help.

I’d like to have you run our PlugDebug troubleshooting tool so I can learn more about your computer to see what the issue might be.

I am going to reach out to you directly using the email address associated with your forum account to facilitate the transfer of logs.

Thanks!
-Andrew

Hello Andrew.

I am encountering the same issue. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,

Nancy

Hi Nancy, my name is David and I will be jumping in for Andrew. We will want to limit this thread to the original poster’s behavior and we’d be happy to help you out separately. Please contact us directly at support@plugable.com and please include a description of the WiFi behavior you are seeing.

To provide an update on this thread, Andrew had suggested running the DisplayLink cleaner steps to ensure that the software used by the dock is in a good state to remove this variable:

1. Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
  2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
  3. Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here → https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
  5. Now download and install the 9.2 M3 DisplayLink software, found here → https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+9.2+M3.exe
  6. Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

1 Like

Hi Murtz,

I wanted to update the post here to indicate what the resolution for the issue was here so other can see it too.

After reviewing the logs from the computer and seeing that an older version of the DisplayLink software was installed on the machine we recommended removing and reinstalling the DisplayLink software (like David mentions in the post above) and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Please do reach out to us again if you see any other issues, we’re always happy to help.

Thanks!
-Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.