UD-3900 Was working with remote monitor with Windows machine and now it is not working with a Macbook Pro

I have a UD-3900 docking station. The unit worked in the past extremely well with a Windows machine. At the time I was connecting to just one remote monitor. I now have an Apple Macbook Pro running MacOS Sonoma Version 14.3. I connected my Macbook Pro to the UD-3900 and downloaded the driver from the Plugable site. The remote monitor connected to the UD-3900 worked briefly, but when I shut down and restarted the Macbook the monitor is now not working. I have tried disconnecting from the computer and disconnecting the UD-3900 power but the monitor will not respond. Both the blue and green lights are illuminating on the UD-3900.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your UD-3900 docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

The first step we’ll want to take is to make sure the DisplayLink software is freshly installed, and special permissions are applied so the software start after you turn off the computer. To do so, please follow these steps (specifically 10-18): https://kb.plugable.com/1595423

Once the DisplayLink Manager Application is installed, the application can be accessed via the DisplayLink Manager application status icon located within the Apple Menu Bar at the top of your screen.

If these steps help, great! If not, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the device connected to your system, then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 425945” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.