UD-3900 stopped working after recent Windows 10 Update

The UD-3900 has been working fine with the Microsoft Studio workstation until a recent Windows update.

The main computer monitor turns black while the other two external monitors are fine. It does not detect the workstation monitor. When we power of the UD-3900, the computer monitor is restored.

We have the latest drivers:
NVIDIA Granphics driver 431.40
DIsplayLink 9.2.2220.0

We are running Windows 10, version 1903 (installed on 9/17).

Any suggestions?

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support, we’re happy to help.

I’m sorry to hear about the issues with your main display after a recent Windows update. We have heard of a few reports like this which can usually be fixed by manually enabling/disabling each monitor like I describe below.

When the dock is connected to the computer, please do the following

1. Right-click on your desktop in Windows and select “Display Settings”

2. Click on a numbered monitor under the “Rearrange your display” heading

3. Change the setting under “Multiple displays” section at the bottom of the page to “Extend desktop to this display” if disconnected. If already connected, choose “Disconnect this display” and then change back “Extend desktop to this display” to reset the monitor connection

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each of your monitors

I hope the above information restores the Microsoft Studio’s screen, but if it does not we’ll want to have you run our PlugDebug tool so we can learn more about your setup.

Please plug the device into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there: http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please send the PlugDebug logs to us at support@plugable.com and reference ticket #283495 in the subject line please.

Thanks!

-Andrew T.

Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.