UD-3900 RevB2 not working at all

I’ve been using this docking station for the last 2yrs and all has been fine, I decided to add a 3rd monitor so I unplugged everything from the docking station, rearranged my desktop to accommodate the monitor, and upon plugging everything back in, power cable last, the docking station has stopped working.
I unplugged all monitors so it was just my Surface Pro 3 via the usb 3.0 pc-dock port on the back and my mouse & keyboard in the front and still nothing.
There’s no LED light or anything.
It’s dead.
Is there any way you can help me? Have I missed something?

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your Plugable UD-3900 docking station and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail and photo you provided, that is much appreciated.

Given your description of the behavior, there are a few quick things to double-check:

1. Confirm that the correct model power adapter is being used to power the dock. I have attached below a photo of the UD-3900 power adapter for your reference. This is important, because if an incorrect model power adapter was used by mistake after having moved everything around it could cause behavior similar to what you describe.

1. Confirm that the docking station’s power adapter is securely connected to known-working power outlet. If you have not already done so, please try connecting the power adapter to different power outlet that you know is working properly in order to help rule out the power source as a contributor.

If checking those items do not help, then our next step is to get some additional information.

Please reach out to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 349743’ in the subject line. Within the body of your email, please include the Amazon Order ID number for your UD-3900 purchase and the serial number from the bar code label on the bottom of the dock. That information will allow us to match things up as well as help us to determine the next steps.

** Please do not post the Order ID number or the serial number here in our public forum. Please only provide that information in your direct email. **

Apologies again for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.