UD-3900 on Thinkpad running Win 8.1 Enterprise no display

Hi,

I’ve been trying to setup my UD-3900 to work on my Thinkpad laptop running Windows 8.1 Enterprise for the past couple of days but to no avail. Displays (HDMI or DVI) report that the cable is connected but that no source is incoming. And Windows does not recognize any additional monitors (never did).

The UD-3900 is plugged on the laptop’s USB SS port (I’ve got two of those, tried them both).

The installation of the DisplayLink drivers goes well until the First Connect step which never completes. I eventually skip this part (Skip button), reboot the machine but still, nothing happens. I made sure the cable was unplugged during install. THe UD-3900’s blue and green LEDs are both on when the unit is plugged in the power and laptop.

In the system tray, I see 2 DisplayLink processes, including a System tray process but it does not show up in the system tray. I have followed instructions from the website using the 74.M3 version of the DisplayLink driver.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. I would love to get this unit working in a plug and play manner as it is supposed to.

Regards,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry your new docking station isn’t working properly. I would be happy to help!

Thank you for the excellent detail you have provided, that helps me a lot. Based on your description, the dock may be faulty (in which case we will of course send a replacement). To help rule out a software issue as the cause which would make a replacement behave in the same manner, we’ll want to examine some logs from your system.

If you would, please keep everything connected (even though the dock isn’t working) and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 130188’ in the subject line as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps. If you could also include your Amazon Order ID number, the serial number from the bottom of the unit and your preferred shipping address that would be most helpful.

Just send us the additional information when you have time and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support