UD 3900 not working after powering up first time and using most recent drivers

I just received my second UD3900. No issues getting the first one going but the second one is powering up just fine but the green USB light does not stay on. It comes on briefly and then goes out and there is no connectivity through the docking station. I am running the most recent drivers 7.9 M4 but still no luck. I get the same results connected to either a Surface Pro 3 (USB 3.0) or a Dell Precision M4500 (USB 2.0)

What am I missing?

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry one of your new docking stations isn’t working properly. I would be happy to help!

Thank you for taking the time to test with two systems and letting me know the status of the green USB light. The green light should stay on as long as one USB device is connected to the dock (such as a mouse or keyboard). If you do not have any USB devices connected it will stay lit briefly and then turn off.

Assuming you did in fact have at least one USB device connected and given your results with two different systems the dock itself is most likely faulty. We will of course send a replacement that has been pre-tested in our lab to ensure it is working properly. Please send us an email directly at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 129216’ in the subject line and please include your Amazon Order ID number and the serial number from the faulty unit and we’ll get the process started.

In the interim, if you switch the dock with the other known good unit that will help confirm where the fault lies. Just send us the email with the additional information when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thanks for the chance to make things right!

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support