UD-3900 monitors do not automatically reconnect

Hello,

We bought a UD-3900 for a user with a Lenovo laptop that didn’t have an OEM docking option. We have two external monitors connected to the UD-3900. Every day we have to go and extend the desktop onto the external monitors for him. Frustrating for the user as well as us, as you can imagine. How do I get the monitors to automatically activate when he connects the USB cable to his laptop?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cory

Hi Cory,

Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help with the docking station.

In most cases Windows should remember the configuration of the displays when disconnecting and reconnecting from the dock. The first thing to check would be that the latest DisplayLink drivers we recommend are installed (in some cases Lenovo’s come with a much older version of the driver pre-installed because their USB dock is also based on DisplayLink technology).

The best way to proceed is to clean the current drivers from the system and install the latest we recommend:

1. Disconnect the dock from the computer and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.

2. Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel->Programs. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step

3. Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here:
    http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…

4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)

5. Now download and run the 7.7 M3 DisplayLink software, found here:
    http://displaylink.com/support/sla.ph…

6. Reboot, even if not prompted to

7. Once you’re back in Windows, reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your PC which will trigger the final portion of the installation.

Please let us know if that helps with Windows remembering the display configuration, and we can go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply! I will give it a try on the users PC Monday morning.

Have a great weekend!

Cory

Sorry it took so long to reply with the results. It looks like that did the trick.

Thanks for your help Bob!

Hi Cory,

Thanks for getting back and letting me that worked!

Let us know if you need any help in the future.

Bob