UD-3900 docking station will not recognize screen. New unit. Using windows 7

Hello,
I am using windows 7 with a Lenovo laptop. My new UD-3900 unit does not recognize another video source at all. I have eliminated the cords from being the problem and I am trying to use the DVI output. I have installed all driver updates and ran the Display Link software. I have rebooted my laptop several times. Everything else on the docking station seems to work fine. Do I have a bad unit?

Hi Luke,

Thank for posting. I’m sorry your new docking station isn’t working properly. I’d be happy to help!

I see you also reached out to us earlier via our direct email support address. I’m going to continue to work with you directly via email as we may need to see some log files from your system to determine if the unit is indeed faulty. Please expect my direct response shortly.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

I am having this same problem. I wish the discussion was here for me to read.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting. In the original posters case, our next step was examining some log files from the system via our PlugDebug utility to determine the next steps. I can see you also have reached out to us directly via support@plugable.com, and I have just responded with a similar request.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies.