UD-3900 causes all connected USB devices to reset frequently and keys to repeat

Every USB device that I have connected to my UD-3900 works normally when plugged in to my laptop but resets every 5-100 seconds when plugged into my UD-3900.

My mouse’s LEDs turn off randomly
My mouse will randomly freeze for short periods of time

My keyboard will sometimes miss characters, delay inputting characters, or repeat a character infinitely.

My headset’s LEDs turn off randomly
At that same time I hear a popping noise coming from my headset (just like they’re being plugged in).

I’ve tried removing all connected devices (including my second monitor) except for one USB device and I still experience the problems on each device without other devices being plugged in.

Edit: just sent an email to support with my amazon ID and a plugdebug file.

Hi Vivalande,

Thank you for posting! We have received your direct email to support@plugable.com and we have just sent our direct reply. Please only reply to our direct email so that we can keep all communication in one place. After we have reached a conclusion, I will update this thread for the benefit of others.

Thank you,

Bob

For the benefit of anyone else following this thread, Vivalande has indicated that the problem has been resolved.

This was accomplished by performing a clean installation of the latest version of the required DisplayLink driver while at the same time making a small change within the Windows registry in regard to a power management setting for the Intel Management Engine within the laptop.

This was done applying this Dell ‘USB-C Patch’ → https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03471411M/13/Dell_Dock_USB_TYPE-C_PATCH_2K0JJ_A00_SETUP_ZPE.exe (this patch is not specific to Dell systems).

Each specific support case is different, and the solution in this case may not apply to others. Should any of our other customers encounter any problems, please reach out to us directly via support@plugable.com with the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug (http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and your Amazon Order ID number so we can determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Bob