UD-3900 - Can't get email and slows Internet connection

I bought this product a year ago to use two monitors with my laptop. This matches my setup at work. I received a new work laptop in March (Dell Precision Win 7). I think I ran updates in September and now, my work email won’t download. The Internet appears to work in IE, but it is slow. I disconnect and connect to my personal laptop (HP ENVY Win 8.1) and it works great. I am so aggravated at this point with this product! I have disconnected and gone straight to the hub and all is well, but if I don’t use this item, I get all my monitors. If I use this product, I get the monitors but bad internet connection. This was my second pluggable product and this was supposed to be so much better! I have updated to the most recent (that I can find) driver, and it keeps telling me that it is already updated. I am confused as to why this is not working after spending so much money on it. And if I bought another, will it work? Not happy with this item.

Hi Kristi,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the docking station isn’t working as expected with your new work laptop. I’d be happy to help!

Thanks for letting me know that the dock works properly with your personal system as that lets us know the dock hardware is working properly and the issue may be software related on your new work system. The next step is to have you keep the dock connected to your work laptop and then download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug and send the file it creates to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 122005’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. This will allow us to examine some log files from your work system to help determine the next steps.

Just send us the file when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support