UD 3900 BSOD windows 10 crashes

I have an HP laptop Model: 17-by0053cl with an LG 32ma70 monitor and an older ViewSonic connected via a Plugable USB 3.0 docking station. I have had a number of BSOD crashes mostly while watching YouTube videos that started around the time I got docking station. Also once when the bubble screen saver started and twice while using Zwift for indoor cycling.
I have updated all drivers and installed all updates both from windows and HP sites. uninstalled and updated the Displaylink driver, Bios update etc. The problem still persist. I have currently uninstalled the driver and have been using the monitor plugged directly into the laptop and have not had the issue for a few days now. (As a metal fabricator who’s job has been affected by the virus shut down I have had plenty of time to watch YouTube)

I have written down the time and stop code each time it has happened and opened the event viewer in Windows 10 but I am not sure what to look for. And I of course google the code that I get at the time and do whatever is suggested.

Thanks in advance for any help and my apologies if there is an answer posted somewhere else on this site that I haven’t seen.

Hello and thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your UD-3900 docking station and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided and the troubleshooting you have already performed that is much appreciated.

The behavior you describe is certainly not expected given that since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update it should not be possible for the dock’s DisplayLink driver to cause a blue screen error on its own, so the next step is to get some additional information.

If you would, please have the dock connected to your system send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 299918’ in the subject line. This will allow us to match things up and examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

** Please also include the Amazon Order ID number for the UD-3900 purchase in your direct email **

** Please do not post the PlugDebug file or the Amazon Order ID number in our public forum **

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.