UD-3900 3/4ths of ports suddenly stopped working

This is the second time this happened. The first time, I just stopped using the UD-3900 for a few months and tried again and then everything was fine. This time, I just got finished following the instructions from other folks with the display cleaner and it did not resolve. One of the USB ports works, for my mouse, that’s it. The network port, the DVI port and the other USB ports stopped working. Windows 10 device manager shows the USB ports with yellow exclamation points and in the general tab for each port shows

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.
"

Hello, thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of this behavior and I’ll be happy to help!

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system.

If you would, please keep the dock connected and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to a separate email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with subject line ‘Ticket #235116’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support