UD-3000 stopped working

I’ve been using the UD-3000 for several weeks without a problem. Today, in the middle of a work session, it just stopped working. It does not recognize my keyboard and mouse (Logitech K520) or my monitor (viewsonic). I’ve reset the plugable unit and rebooted my laptop (a Dell XPS 15 running windows 8.1). I’m not aware of any upgrades or software changes during the work session. What should I do to get it working again?

Update:

I undocked the laptop to use separately, and unplugged the UD-3000 for several hours. On a whim I docked just now, and its working again. Any ideas on what happened and how to avoid it?

Hi David,

Thanks for posting! I’m sorry the dock stopped working properly. I’d be happy to help.

Thanks for updating your post with the results after you unplugged the dock. On rare occasions the dock may need to be completely reset. You accomplished it by leaving it unplugged for several hours. Normally I recommend the following:

“To completely reset the dock, please disconnect both the power and the USB cables from the back of the dock and keep them disconnected for at least 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and wait at least 10 seconds and then reconnect the USB cable to see if the dock is now detected correctly.”

I’m glad a reset got everything going again.

Let us know if you need any help in the future!

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support