UD 3000 kills Dell Inspiron 7720 audio out put to internal speakers and headset jack while usb headsets continue to work

I have a UD3000 USB 3.0 Docking Station. It has worked fine until now. When the docking station is connected to the computer it seems to block all audio to the computers speakers and headphone jack. USB headsets (Plantronics) still work. I have reinstalled what seem to be the appropriate drivers for my Win 8 64bit OS. When the docking station is taken out of the loop the sound works as normal.

Hi David,

Thanks for posting your question here! Windows only allows audio to play through the default audio playback device. It looks like USB multimedia device is set as the default audio playback device when the computer is connected to the docking station.

If you set your computer speakers and headphone jack as the default audio playback device through the Sound Control Panel when the computer is docked, audio will flow through those devices.

Instructions to do that can be found on our post at http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

If you have any trouble with setting the computer speakers and headphone jack after taking a look at the post in the link above, just shoot us an email at support@plugable.com with your amazon order ID and a link to this thread. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze