I purchased the UD-3000 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station several days ago, and on the initial use everything worked perfectly. However, since that initial use, the four backside USB 2.0 ports on the UD-3000 no longer work, along with the remaining USB 3.0 port on the front. On the first use of the UD-3000, I plugged a mouse into one of the four backside USB 2.0 ports, and despite a notification popping up saying that the driver for that port was not installed correctly, the mouse worked for the remainder of the time on I was on my computer that day. Now, however, the mouse’s bottom side doesn’t even light up when plugged into the UD-3000. And yes, I know that the mouse works, it works just fine if I plug it into my laptop directly. I have already updated all pertinent drivers (or at least I believe I have), I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the UD-3000, the DisplayLink driver, and the Renesas/NEC USB3 Controller driver. I wanted to make sure I sought your advice, however, before I touched anymore drivers.
(1) 4 backside USB 2.0 ports do not work; remaining USB 3.0 port does not work; USB 3.0 connection to laptop works, however.
(2) UD-3000 drivers up to date, as well as DisplayLink and Renesas/NEC USB 3.0 controller.
(3) “Unknown Device” has shown up in the device manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, driver failed to install for this unknown device.
(4) I may remember there being (I think, not 100% certain) a USB Composite Device or something else failing to install the driver correctly OR driver not found when installing the DisplayLink drivers?
(5) Have also tested flash drive on all USB ports on the UD-3000, still not working
So I came to ask, what should I do? If you have any suggestions for what drivers I should reinstall/update I’d be very happy to hear it. I have a ton of coding work to do this week so the sooner I can get this fixed the better.