Ubuntu 18.10 Bluetooth adapter not recognised

Hi,

I’m trying to set up the Bluetooth 4.0 LE adapter to work with Ubuntu 18.10 (kernel 4.18.0-13-generic). However, I can’t seem to get it to recognise the adapter.

When I insert the dongle a bluetooth icon pops up in the menu, but if I try to turn bluetooth on from the settings screen the slider turns green but otherwise nothing changes (see attached screenshot). If I click on a different settings option and return to bluetooth it’s again turned off.

If the dongle is plugged in during boot, it shows errors reading from the port. The error messages start with read/64 and the error code alternates between -110 and -2.

When I try to open up the Bluetooth Manager app (blueman) it gives an error message saying that the bluez daemon isn’t running and that this is most likely because no bluetooth devices have been detected.

Any help getting this working would be appreciated!

Hello,

Thank you for your message!

I would like to get some additional information so that I may better assist.

Please contact us at support@plugable.com and reference case #260948. Please include the following with your message.

• Your Amazon Order ID for the Plugable Bluetooth adapter.
• The files plugable_data.txt plugable_dmesg.txt and syslog.tar that are placed on your desktop after running the command below

lsusb >> ~/Desktop/plugable_data.txt && sudo ifconfig -a >> ~/Desktop/plugable_data.txt && cat /proc/version >> ~/Desktop/plugable_data.txt && sudo tar cvf ~/Desktop/syslog.tar /var/log/syslog* && sudo chmod +rwx ~/Desktop/syslog.tar && dmesg >> ~/Desktop/plugable_dmesg.txt && cat /etc/*-release >> ~/Desktop/plugable_data.txt

This data will help me to understand what is happening.

I look forward to hearing from you via e-mail so that I may better assist.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.