U3 Docking Station - How to update Firmware?

Hello, I just purchased the Communicator U3 HDD Docking Station. First off, I love it. Thank you! Secondly, I have read there are updated Firmware available, but I’m not sure how to go about updating it. I’m running OSX Lion. If you can help, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Mark - Thanks for asking! All U3 SATA docks purchased in 2012 have the latest firmware, so no update is needed. We took down the old firmware update pages, so no one would get confused.

If you’re having any trouble at all, we recommend trying with the USB 2.0 cable in the box, to isolate if it might be a USB 3.0 / 2.0 issue.

And just email your Amazon order # to support@plugable.com, along with a little detail if anything isn’t working. We’ll be happy to help. Thanks!

Woah, thanks for the lightning fast response. Indeed ordered in 2012. Thanks so much for the info! Keep up the awesome work!

I ordered mine in 2011 and the USB 3.0 doesn’t work much at all with frequent dropouts. Is there any way to perform an update using Windows 7? Thanks!

I purchased mine in late 2010… Is there a firmware update? Also, where can I get a power adapter (12 v 2 amp) that fits this?

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for posting, I’ll be able to help. Can you say a bit about what’s happening with your dock? If it’s running ok, there won’t be any reason to update the firmware. Just send your Amazon Order Id over to us at support@plugable.com along with a description of your issue and we’ll get you fixed up.

Thanks,
Jerome.