Two UD-6950 Stations On One Surface Book 2

Was wondering what the experience has been in using two stations with a single computer. Would like to power 3 4k displays at 60Hz off a single Surface Book 2 - with or without the Surface display itself on. I would be using two of the UD-6950 models.

Any response appreciated.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am happy to help!

Our USB 3 docking stations are based on DisplayLink USB Graphics technology. DisplayLink is a separate company that manufactures the chips and software used in many of our docking stations and graphics adapters. A Windows host system, like your Surface Book 2 can normally support five or six external displays over USB 3, however each additional display may begin to reduce the performance of all attached USB displays and devices, especially if the displays continually changing, for example playing back full screen video.

Three 4K displao the first dock ( in series ). The USB 3.0 host controller in the computer already shares bandwidth between all of the USB ports so there should be no noticeable difference in connecting in either method.ys can be achieved on the Surface Book 2 with two UD-6950 docking stations each connected to the system, or with one connected to the system and the second connected t

Alternatively, a USB 3.0 graphics adapter like our USB 3.0 to Dual 4K DisplayPort Graphics Adapter with Ethernet ( https://plugable.com/products/usbc-6950-dp/ ) can also be connected to our UD-6950 docking station. This solution may be a little less expensive and only requires one additional power supply for the UD-6950 docking station.

We recommend our USB 3.0 graphics adapters and docking stations for use with office and web browsing software, the external displays may not perform well for 2D or 3D graphics applications, full screen video playback, video editing software, or some stock trading applications. These devices also require the installation of the DisplayLink USB Graphics Software ( https://plugable.com/products/displaylink ).

Please let me know if this helps, or if you have any additional questions, I am happy to help!

Pat
Plugable Technology

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.