Two issues using new UD-6950H: Laptop will recognize USB-C charger or USB-C dock but not both + dock doesn't detect Logitech Unifying receiver

Hello,

I just purchased a UD-6950H new to run with my LG Gram 16 (2021, Intel Evo). I’ve run into two issues, outlined below. Note that I just downloaded the latest drivers from this website and restarted my computer, so having up-to-date software/drivers is not the issue.

First, my laptop has 2 USB-C ports and one somewhat flimsy USB-A port where a flap has to be opened (and then held open by the cable) to access it. Because of that, I very much want to run the dock off my USB-C port. Since the dock doesn’t support power delivery, however, I have to use one of my USB-C ports to plug in my laptop’s charger.

The problem is that when I have the dock and the USB-C charger plugged into the two USB-C ports simultaneously, the dock immediately stops working. This happens regardless of whether I plug in the dock first and then the charger, or the charger first and then the dock.

I can use the dock and charge the laptop at the same time if I plug the dock into my USB-A port, but, for the reasons stated above, I strongly prefer not to do that. The USB-A port is not designed to be used semi-permanently like that. If I can’t resolve this issue, I’ll likely have to return the dock and find one that doesn’t present this issue.

The second issue is that the dock doesn’t seem to work with Logitech Unifying receivers. I have two, both of which work fine on my old dock and still work fine when plugged directly into the laptop. But when I try to plug it into any of the dock’s USB ports, it doesn’t work. The same issue arose when I tried to plug in a Jelly Comb wireless keyboard dongle. Other USB devices seem to work, though.

Please let me know if there are any solutions to either of these issues.

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Plugabe support and providing detailed information on the issues that you are experiencing.

Given these two issues, we would like to take a closer look at your system to better help assist but require some additional information. Instead of posting that information here, could you please contact us directly via email? To do this, please email us at support@plugable.com. In the subject of your direct email, please reference case 377741 which will allow us to match things up and then provide the next steps.

Apologies for the extra steps in the process, and we thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Best regards,

Michael S.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.