Two External Monitors + Laptop

Hi,

We have two laptops that are identical (Dell Latitude E7440), with 2 USB 3.0 ports, and two Dell 26" monitors.

Problem is that we cannot get the 3 displays to extend to each other. I can get only 1 external monitor, and 1 laptop to display correctly.

The “resolution” tool in Windows 7 Pro, shows 3 monitors, but when I click the “Identify” tool, it only identifies #1 and #3 (and missing #2).

I click the laptop-disconnect button in the Resolution tool, and monitor #2 still doesn’t display, and when I connect it back, laptop and 2nd monitor are cloned, but the monitor doesn’t display the full resolution.

We have 5 other laptops that work just fine, and all of our laptops are identically configured.

thoughts?

Hi Vito,

Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help!

A few quick questions for you…

Can you let me know exactly which Plugable products you are using to add the two Dell monitors?

Can you let me know the specific model of the Dell monitors you are using? Can you let me know the types of cables (what connector is on each end) you are using to connect the monitors?

If you move the Plugable products that aren’t working to one of the other systems you mention, do they work as expected? This is will help us rule out a hardware problem with the Plugable products themselves.

Just let us know the additional information when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support