TWO computers and ONE docking station: HP Pavilion 17 e135nr & HP 15 g067cl

Hi I have purchased an HP-Pavilion 17 e135nr and HP 15 g067cl. The HP 15 has an AMD A8 processor. I am looking for a docking station that is compatible with both of these computers. (using one at a time) I would like to attach one monitor, printer, speaker bar, wired keyboard, mouse Bluetooth, and flash drives. I am looking at the UD-3900. will this work with both computers. Saw a post saying it isnt compatible with the AMD processor. I liked that this model contained the extra 3.0 usb port that it is backward compatible and it was reviewed well. If this isn’t the best docking station for my needs can you please suggest a model that is compatible that provides the newer speed and monitor capabilities.

Hi there,

Thank you for posting the question here. I’ve quickly checked the specifications of the HP-Pavilion 17 e135nr and HP 15 g067cl, and found they both should be compatible with the UD-3900 docking station. AMD processor is compatible with Intel CPU, and should not have any specific issues.

Only one concern here is the Bluetooth mouse. This is not the UD-3900 specific but can apply to any USB 3.0 devices and 2.4 Ghz wireless devices, but there might be a signal interference between them. When it happened, you’d see some problems with wireless device such as the lag or latency of the mouse cursor movement. The workaround is to place the wireless receiver away from the USB 3.0 device. In order to avoid that, it’d be better plugging the wireless mouse receiver into the USB 2.0 port of the system, instead of into the one of the UD-3900.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions at support@plugable.com.

Regards,
Sachiko
Plugable Support