Trouble initializing when connected to an ASUS Chromebook

When attempting to connect the USB Microscope to my Asus Chromebook the device makes multiple attempts to power on, the light lights up and all seems like it’s about to work, but the only image I’ll ever see is a screen full of light green and white horizontal bars. This is highly frustrating, as I use this device while teaching classes in mechanical watch repair. Please help!!!

Hello Merlin228,

Thanks for reaching out, and I apologize for the issue you’re experiencing with the Plugable USB Digital Microscope! To better understand the issue, I have a few questions for you but it may be best to work over email as I will need some personal information if the issue turns out to be hardware related (so we can explore warranty options if necessary). Could you send an email to support@plugable.com (put Ticket #207544 in the subject to make sure I get the email) and send the following details?

• Did the microscope work previously?

• Are you changing the device used by the Camera application to the microscope? This can be done by going to Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings > Camera, and change the device in the dropdown to “USB Microscope”

• What is your Order ID? We’ll need this in case we need to look into the warranty options.

Once I have a little more information, I should be better equipped to understand where the issue is coming from and determine which steps we should try. Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to working with you on this issue!

Regards,

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to merlin228 regarding the issue on this GetSatisfaction thread, but we have not received a response back. If merlin228 or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please let us know by contacting us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,

Patrick
www.plugable.com/support