trouble in paradise

I have a xps 8700 with nvida video card with three monitor adapter ports, dvi, vga, and hdmi.
I have connected one monitor hdmi to hdmi, one to dvi to hdmi with an adapter and can not get the third monitor to connect with my current hdmi to vga adapter with usb power cord. But the third will not work or be recognized by the monitor. I am running 8.1 OS.
will your product(s) hdmi to usb with “internal” power work where the other doesn’t ? I am used to three monitors and have a problem with just 2.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to answer your question.

From your description it sounds like you are trying to use a product that converts the analog VGA output from your graphics card to work with a monitor that has an HDMI input. Assuming I have that correct, converting from VGA to HDMI can be tricky as you have discovered.

You don’t mention which specific Nvidia video card you have and we don’t have your system in our test lab, but in general our UGA-4KHDMI USB video adapter (http://plugable.com/products/uga-4khdmi) should work to add your third display with HDMI input. If you elect to move forward with your purchase and find the adapter doesn’t work as expected we do offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy.

Let us know if that information helps and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support