Trouble contacting about hub issue through email

If I try to go to support@plugable.com I get a message that indicates it is essentially non-existant.

I just purchased 2 USB3-HUB10C2 hubs and am having difficulty connecting to my HP 1606DN printer. Apparently the hub is assigning the USB to a pseudo port that does not connect to the printer instead of the correct LPT1 port. I am using Windows 7 Pro with SP1. What gives or do I send both back for a refund?

Thanks for reaching out!

Looking at the email address you attempted to send to, it has an extra “t”. The correct address is:

support@plugable.com

That being said, I’d like to grab logs from your system to see how the printer is enumerating through the hub. Could you run the following utility and send that over to the aforementioned support email?

https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

San:
First you obviously got the message with mis-spelling but that was after I had tried clicking on the support email address several times on your website.

Both my hp1606dn printer and my Epson 2500 scanner will no longer connect to my computer as they did when I was using your USB 2.0 10-port hub as I had for several years. I decided to upgrade to the new one and things went to hell.

Also, just where am I supposed to attach the .zip file. Most email systems have a very obvious place to do so but apparently you do not.

Al WIlson

Thanks for trying that!

The link on our email page is a simple mailto URL. This is a standard web link type that will open whatever email client you have configured on your operating system to handle emails. We don’t control this interaction.

If you’re seeing an unfamiliar email client being opened, I’d advise you to simply send an email to that address using whatever platform you usually use for emails, and attach there as you usually would. If you need more specific instructions, please let me know what application or platform you use for email.

Sam:
Send me the email address you want me to send the .zip file to.

Al Wilson

All support interactions are handled through support@plugable.com

Your .zip file has been sent.
Al Wilson

Thanks for sending that over!

Looking through the logs, it appears that all chips in the hub are present and enumerated. It looks like the printer you have attached is failing to enumerate:

[Problem Devices]

Device            PNP Device ID                          Error Code
Unknown Device    USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\8&3CCF830&0&1    43
Not Available     ROOT\PRINTER\0000                      The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available     ROOT\PRINTER\0001                      The drivers for this device are not installed.

It’s not clear whether this issue is being caused by the hub, or whether there’s a driver issue on the machine, so let’s try to prove that out.

1. Can you try disconnecting the hub from your machine then connecting the printer directly to the port where the hub was attached, just to see if the printer works properly in that connection configuration?
  2. If the printer works like that, let’s try a simple power reset of the hub, which will clear out any error states. To do this, please perform the following steps in the order presented:
    • Unplug the power and USB cables from the rear of the hub
    • Wait ~30 seconds
    • Re-attach the power cable
    • Re-attach the USB cable
    • Re-attach the printer and see if it works
  3. If that doesn’t help, I’d like to have you try hooking the second USB3-HUB10C2 up to your machine and trying the printer through that hub. Ensure you don’t use the other hub’s cables.

Let me know what you observe!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.