Triple Monitor 2 laptops

Hello

i currently have a setup of 3 monitors with 2 separate laptops,
I am using a Plugable USB-C 4K Triple Display Docking Station and i
switch displays from one laptop to another manually.
do you have a KVM that will make the switching displays from one laptop to another easier.
can your USB3-SWITCH2 handle 3 monitors ?

Thank you

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I would be happy to provide additional information regarding our products.

Unfortunately, Plugable does not offer a USB-C “A/B” switch that allows for a USB-C device (supporting USB-C DP video, like our UD-ULTC4K) to be toggled between computers. This kind of device is possible to create but is very technically complex to implement. While the there are existing USB-C KVMs like from companies like Sabrent or IOGear, these devices only obtain a USB-C input, then just switch the display signal and USB. They do not switch USB-C signal itself, which means that they wouldn’t work 100% through USB-C docks.

Microsoft has a USB4 switch which would techincally serve this purpose mainly targeted at USB developers, but it is very expensive, which just reinforces the fact that there are high costs for the R&D for this kind of product: https://mcci.com/usb/dev-tools/model-3141/

Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news, but hopefully this information was helpful.

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.